Staying Shiny

My life as a Uber-geek in a Bridal world

Challenge Day 15

Day 15 - pictures of your dream house

I almost did 15 days in a row...that should count for something right?  I'm going to take this one quite literally and assume I have a completely unlimited budget and nothing is out of the question.  My Dream home would be located at the end of a long windy driveway completely surrounded by trees so you don't even see the house until you are right on in.  It would have a circular driveway in front with a large gargoyle fountain to greet you.

My House would look something like this:

Must haves on the outside include either stonework or brickwork, a covered porch area to sit and read on and at least one turret.


It must also have at least one section covered in ivy.  I love how that looks even though J complains that ivy causes rot and other problems.

Inside the house there needs to be a huge library.  I love to read and I would love to have a room dedicated to just books.

Something like this would be great, only make it round and put it in the turret with a circular staircase in the middle.  Make the library 2 stories tall with secret room located behind one of the bookcases.  I'm not sure what to put in the secret room yet, I just want one.  Maybe it will be the entrance to the basement and I'll put a movie theatre in there.

I have also always wanted a really big fireplace with a super ornate mantle.  Take out the Cherubs and put in some dragons and this would be perfect.  J wants his own secret room now so I told him he could put it behind the fireplace.

Other must haves include a large room to hold our Superbowl party in every year decked out with Colts and Packers gear, a bathroom with a claw-foot tub, a huge yard with an area I could put a garden in and a barn/riding arena for my horse.  Since we are dreaming big, this house will also come with maid service, a chef and a gardener to keep up with the grounds.  Maybe I'll even put in a hedge maze for good measure.

Truthfully, I would be happy with just about anything as long as it has a good size living room to entertain guest in and a yard.  Not a dinky little city yard, but on that can comfortably fit a BBQ area, a firepit, a garden and a trampoline.  I think I was spoiled with the size of the yards we had in the houses I grew up in.  My mom's yard is big enough to build a second house on and still not be on top of your neighbor.

I'll keep dreaming for now and buying lottery tickets just in case.

1 comments:

You and I MUST be soul sisters! I stumbled across your site searching images for "ornate mantel" and the house you are describing is nearly EXACTLY my own dream house (with the exception of Colts and Packers decor!), which I am currently working on building (hence the need for an AWESOME mantel!) Great tastes, sister!

 

Post a Comment