Staying Shiny

My life as a Uber-geek in a Bridal world

The Boe Argument

J and I are both sick.  We caught this nasty flu that's going around.  It sucks.  So last night we decided to go to be early and watch some Torchwood.  After watching a couple of episodes, we decided to go to sleep.  That's when the argument started.  (You know you're officially a geek when you have a heated argument of this kind)
We got discussing the character of Captain Jack Harkness and I made a comment about how I believe he became the face of Boe.  Now J loves to play devil's advocate so he disputed this.  I really think he does this just to tick me off.  It ended up in about an hour long debate with me trying to recall every little fact and figure that has been stated about The Face of Boe in either Doctor Who, Torchwood or The Sarah Jane Adventures.  I consider these shows the cannon and while the books, comics and audio shows have merit, I'll stick with the cannon anyday.  After many point-counter point arguments, we finally went to sleep.
But I do not consider this case closed.  Not until I can get him to admit I am right.  I have spent the last hour researching The Face of Boe and I have come to the conclusion that I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!  Now to wait for him to come to bed so I can argue this some more.
Funny the things geeks will argue about....

He better be careful though, I'm about 5 minutes away from pulling out the feat Powerword: FINE (prerequisite - being female.  Saving Throw: None  Effect: Automatic end of argument and WIN  Immunities: None - however does not work on other females)

0 comments:

Post a Comment