Staying Shiny

My life as a Uber-geek in a Bridal world

Challenge Day 7

Day 7 - Favorite movies

I'm a big movie buff so it's really hard to pick.  I just went with a few of my all time favorites that I could watch over and over, but there are way more than this that I would call favorites.

I am a big fan of foreign films and this is one of my favorites.  It is such a touching story and very well acted.  I will also never watch the dubbed version of this movie as I really do hate dubbed movies.  I like to watch the original performance given by the actors and their voices are a key to that.

Most quotable movie ever!  How can you go wrong with pirates and swords and R.O.U.S's and miracles and Andre the Giant saying the line that will forever make me smile "Does anybody want a peanut?"  I could watch this one a thousand times.

I love a good mind game and this is one of my favorites.  I find serial killers fascinating as well so I love the psychology of this one.  Plus, it's got great cast.

Simon Pegg + zombies = frakking amazing!  This one makes me laugh, especially when the outbreak first happens and the main characters are totally oblivious to it.  I now own a cricket bat just in case the zombie apocalypse occurs.

Neil Gaiman is one of my favorite authors and this adaptation of his book is awesome.  I don't think this one gets the recognition it deserves most of the time.  Great story, great actors and awesome sets.  Plus, who doesn't love Dustin Hoffman as a cross dressing pirate.

Browncoats unite!  I love that this film even exists.  It is a tribute to the power of the fanboy.  Firefly was a show that never should have been cancelled and I am so happy that Joss Whedon got the chance to finish his story.  Nathan Fillion is amazing.  I will always be mad about the Wash thing though.  Just saying.

0 comments:

Post a Comment