Staying Shiny

My life as a Uber-geek in a Bridal world

Jumping on the 15 day challenge bandwagon

A couple of J's cousins are doing this on their blogs so I thought I'd give it a try, especially since my blog doesn't usually feature a lot of real facts about my life, but rather generalizations and overviews.  This is going to be a little different for me since I am a pretty private person but here it goes...

Day 1 - Self portrait picture, and 15 interesting facts

I stuck to the spirit of this challenge and chose a photo that I did take myself.  I'm no photographer so be nice.

Now for the facts...
1. I have been married for close to 8 years now and I still am amazed that I found such a great guy who truly loves and supports me.  It's nice to have a best friend to hang out with every day.

2.  I suck at cooking.  No really, I am not a good cook at all.  I can make a few things very well, but everything else turns out either over or under cooked.  I do make a very good Shepherd's pie, Root Beer Chicken or Superbowl style finger foods and chicken wings.

3. I used to be a Figure Skater.  I skated for 16 years and coached for about 10.  Then I blew my knee...

4. I love ice cream, but it doesn't love me.  Every time I eat it I get sick about 20 minutes later.  The problem is I live half a block from Marble Slab Creamery and we go there about 3 times a week every summer and it's usually my idea to go.

5. I am obsessed with Zombie movies and Doctor Who....if you've been following this blog you probably know that by now.

6. I grew up in a very religious small town and I still am a bit naive about the workings of the world.  I didn't grow up around drugs or fights or a lot of the bad things that people do to each other so I rarely see the bad in a situation even when I should.

7. I majored in Technical Theatre in University with a focus on lighting and sound.  

8. I collect McFarlane figures, particularly Spawn ones.

9. I'm not a fan of tropical locations.  Perhaps it's because I sunburn very bad and very easily so I don't want to risk ruining a vacation because of a bad burn.  I will burn in about a half hour even with an SPF 50 on.

10. I have saved my brothers life twice.  Both times I pulled him out of water.  Once was a river when he was about 3 and once out of a frozen lake when he fell through the ice while fishing.  

11. I strongly dislike tomatoes, onions and olives.  I love spinach, broccoli and zucchini.

12. I tested 10 grades (and passed with high marks) of Royal Conservatory of Music for piano as well as took their Harmony and History exam and I can barely read music.  I play by ear and used to memorize the pieces when my teacher played them and then pretend to be reading the music.  I can read it, but it take me a lot of time.  I would compare it to giving a grade 8 Science textbook to a smart grade 1 student.  They might be able to sound out the words, but it will take time and probably not make sense.

13. I love to sing, but I get very bad stage fright if I have to perform.  J or my sister usually force me into it ie singing with a band on my birthday or being in a musical.

14. Halloween is my favorite time of year.  I love dressing up and making costumes.

15. I have to sleep on the left side of the bed, but I always move to the right side in the morning, once J leaves for work.

There we go.  That wasn't quite as hard as I thought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment